Although not many people know this, anxiety and depression often go hand in hand. It is not likely that anxiety and depression come in together, but untreated anxiety can easily turn into depression. And as the welfare of one’s mental health globally is still an undermined issue, it has been seen that half of the people’s anxiety disorder has turned into depression as time goes by. However, it is not easy to point out when a person is suffering from anxiety because often it has been mistaken as a sign of stress in our hectic modern lifestyle. But there are some serious symptoms of anxiety that can double check whether you are just stressed, or it is more serious than that. Let us have a look.
SYMPTOMS OF ANXIETY
Anxiety symptoms generally vary from one person to another. Not everyone’s body reacts in the same way during a panic attack. However, there are some common symptoms which can easily be spotted out as anxiety.
- Extreme nervousness or restless– We all have some things to be nervous or restless around. But there’s a fine line. So, if you are nervous or restless over small things, it might be anxiety.
- Feeling of danger or panic– When the feeling of a susceptible danger or panic goes out of hand and when you cannot control them anymore; it might be a symptom.
- Rapid heart rate or rapid breathing
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- OCD or obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Difficulty focusing on anything
In a nutshell, if you start feeling hopeless or stressed about something which you were absolutely fine dealing with, it might be a clear sign of anxiety. It cannot happen overnight. Anxiety creeps in slowly and starts invading your mental health.
CAN ANXIETY TURN INTO DEPRESSION?
Yes, sure they can. The occurrence of social panicking, OCD or any kind of panic disorder often stimulates a current of hopelessness inside a person’s mind, and that feeling of hopelessness is a great pathway to depression. Anxiety is that kind of mental problem that crushes your soul with a constant negative impact on your social and professional life. It crushes your confidence, and suddenly it makes everything impossible to achieve. Anxiety often isolates people from his or her social group and that turn into depression very quickly if left untreated for a long time.
HOW TO TREAT IT AND PREVENT IT FROM TURNING INTO DEPRESSION?
Well, depression is kind of a hollow pit, and it takes much longer time to return to your normal life again from depression. However, mild anxiety at its very first stage can be treated, and you can easily prevent it from turning into a depression. So, what you can do? Here are some solutions.
- Drink green tea or chamomile tea
- Take a walk or go for a forest walk. Nature is good for anxiety.
- Breathe and question yourself a lot. That helps.
- Eat healthy breakfast
- Take the aroma of lavender
Or else, you can take help of professional doctor or therapist as well.
So, do not take your anxiety disorder lightly. It is the monster of your head that needs to be destroyed right after it appears in your life. Get help and live happily, anxiety free!